Sign in to follow this  
fatihtolgaata

how to find Character's position in the World?

Hi, I was able to put my Skinned Mesh Character Animation to Direct3D World. in 3ds Max, My Character is walking from begin_position to finish_position. I want to make loop this animation in DirectX. So, beginning of the each animation, I have to find the new position of my character. I must write like this: Device->BeginScene(); Device->SetTransform(D3DTS_WORLD, &NewPositionOfCharacter); MyCharacter->DoAnimation; Device->EndScene(); But How can I determine and find the New position of character after finishing the animation?

What bones does your character have near it's root? Are you using a model from character studio? A pre-made model like Tiny?

If you inspect the matrices of one of the top-level bones, you'll notice the matrix translation coordinates (._41, ._42, and ._43) will keep climbing. Those three attributes of that matrix is your character's position, in x,y,z order.

Hi there :)
I can think of a number of ways to do this.

Option 1
Don't move the character around with animation but do this with a Matrix. The matrix will then give you the details as to where the character is in space

Option2
Is a technique that Jiia already specified is the extract the matrix information when you need the coordinates.