Obtaining latest Drivers for laptop gfx cards

Started by
3 comments, last by IndyJones 18 years, 10 months ago
Im using a Compaq notebook using Radeon Mobility 9700, however the driver provided is not the latest and i do not have access to many newer GL extensions. The drivers on the website are not very new either. On ATI's site, they do not offer drivers for their mobility product range claiming that the only laptop manufacturers can provide this. So does anyone know of any place where i can get the latest drivers? Can i use other laptop manufacturers drivers for my notebook? It just sucks to pay so much more for good graphics hardware and realise that the manufacturer cant be bothered to provide newer drivers.
Advertisement
Omega drivers.
I had this same problem with my Radeon 9000 Mobility on my LT. I had to DL a program called Mobile Mod to get the ATI drivers to work.
C_C(Enter witty/insightful/profound remark here...)
Thanks for the link Yann.

Are those mod programs safe for using on a laptop? I thought laptop drivers would contain stuff like power saving to save on batteries which the catalyst drivers for desktops would not have?
Another option are the DNA-Drivers.
The advanced power management functionallity (Powerplay as ATI calls it) is also available with these drivers!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement