Ortho camera

Started by
2 comments, last by matthughson 18 years, 11 months ago
i have an ortho camera (obviously) with a near plane of 0 and a far plane of 5, but when i place my background texture at anything with a Z value past 1 it doesn't show up, it only shows when i place it exactly at 1.
-------------------------Unless specified otherwise, my questions pertain:Windows Platform (with the mindset to keep things multi-platform as possible)C++Visual Studio 2008OpenGL with SFML
Advertisement
Why do you have a far plane of 5...
normally it would be 1.0f, and 1000.0f
I assume that this plane is outside of the boundaries .. but i'll have to check.
Give us some more information
oh sry, i'm doing a 2d game, and i'm using about layers of textures (i'm only using 2 right now the background and the sprites). but when i have the background at >2, the background doesn't show up.
-------------------------Unless specified otherwise, my questions pertain:Windows Platform (with the mindset to keep things multi-platform as possible)C++Visual Studio 2008OpenGL with SFML
I'm not sure if it's releated to the missing objects, but you should have your near clipping plane at 1.0f. Anything else is not optimized and can cause bad z-fighting. It may even be the cause of the missing objects...

Matt Hughson
__________________________________[ Website ] [ Résumé ] [ [email=contact[at]matthughson[dot]com]Contact[/email] ][ Have I been Helpful? Hook me up! ]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement