• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

how generate video from a opengl window

This topic is 4655 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I have a OpenGL window and some animations in it, I want to record the animation, so convert OpenGL window's frame into a AVI file or some other file format,how can I do that? another question is can i use some offscreen renderers to render the animation and then convert the frame to video?

Advertisement
If you just need a tool to do this, check out FRAPS. As for doing it programmatically yourself, you'll need a video encoding library; which one depends on the format you want the final clip to be in. Generally you'll write each frame to a BMP file (or, to save a huge amount of space, lossless JPG or PNG), and afterwards encode them in a separate pass into video. A quick Google search turns up several options for tools that can do this for you; there's an open-source one here, and probably others on SourceForge. They should at least give you a good starting point if you want to write your own code to produce the AVIs.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement