Pygame Help!

Started by
14 comments, last by Roboguy 18 years, 10 months ago
Okay, So I have the Mac version of python and pygame. So I open up Chimp.py which is an example that comes with pygame. I click Run All. I get: ImportError: No MOdule Named pygame Traceback (innermost last) File "chimp.py",line 11,in? import os,pygame. How do I fix this/
Advertisement
Well, first of all, there shouldn't be a period at the end of that import statement. Second of all, it doesn't look like you properly installed pygame. What I'd do is read over the instructions again and make sure you didn't miss something.
Sometimes there are multiple versions of python (particularly on OSX), which each use a different module directory. How did you install Pygame? From the source? If so, try running Chimp.py from the command line.
Quote:Original post by Roboguy
Sometimes there are multiple versions of python (particularly on OSX), which each use a different module directory. How did you install Pygame? From the source? If so, try running Chimp.py from the command line.

Theres a period at the end just cause I put one there.
I installed pygame by taking the pkg and doubleclicking it then clicking next until it finished instaling.
Okay, so Instalations tells me to instal the binaray packages first from this link. Aparantly both the instructions and all the packages are at this link and will instal all dependecies.
http://undefined.org/python/pimp/
The problem is that there are 6billion downloads and no instructions at that sight.
So which one do I download?
Quote:Original post by llamaSong
They're all unrelated python packages, the one you want is the pygame one.

Okay, but I installed py game by double clicking the package. After instaling it, I went to examples and ran "Chimp.py" it sayed Pygame module could not be found error.

Okay, but I installed py game by double clicking the package. After instaling it, I went to examples and ran "Chimp.py" it sayed Pygame module could not be found error.
Are you running Chimp.py from the terminal or by double clicking it? Try double-clicking it, if you tried to run it from the terminal.
I double click it. How do I run it from the terminal?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement