Sign in to follow this  
Zimbo

Trying to build Star Control 2 project with Dev-C++

Hi all, I just found out that Star Control 2 source code has been opened to public. This is the link: http://sc2.sourceforge.net/ I downloaded the source code and everything. It was developed under VC++, so I am porting all the VC++ projects to Dev-C++ project. And I just realize that Dev-C++ cannot import .dsw file. Anyway, if anyone has been successfully done the importing and builds in Dev-C++, please do let me know (I will still try it too, and make a post if I made some proggresses). And if it's impossible to do it, please let me know too so that I will try to get VC++ to save me some times. This is a excellent game that deserves to be mod :) Long live UR-QUAN

Why aren't you getting the pre-build executable? I downloaded it accidently yesterday, and I've been playing it a bit. It's fun.

Also, I think there are instructions somewhere on the site, although I'm not sure. If you can't find anything, look at the SDL site on how to use it with DevC++.

Toolmaker

I want to make a mod for this game. That's why I've been trying to build it on Dev-C++.

If I am not mistaken, .dsw is a superset of the .dsp. So It is also important to be able to import the .dsw as well.

Thx for the input though