• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
obscure166

Adding 3d to movies

This topic is 4890 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi, I have been doing some simple 3d modelling and animation for a while, and I was wondering what software I would need to add these to a movie I am making. I would prefer it be reasonably cheap, or even free. Thanks for the help.

Advertisement
Perhaps i'm missing something, but those are just lists of 2d and 3d modellers and how to use them. is there a specific tutorial or software package for what I am looking for?

What are you looking for? Model your 3d animation. Render it. Use a video compositing program to splice it into your movie. If you want to composite your 3d animations into a live action scene, I found a tutorial once at Hash Animation:Master website a long time ago. It was specifically for animation master, but should work with other things.

Basically what you'd want to do it make sure you have your room basically mapped out into a 3d scene. Make sure your camera positions are the same in real life as they are in you 3d program. Make sure camera aperture lengths and such are the same as well. Render your 3d model with a transparent background, then use your video compositing program, (like adobe premiere) to put the two together.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!