Sign in to follow this  
Dutchh

Console developers wanted

Wish you were there when they were making the ps2 or xbox? Well we are taking every game platform ever created or thought out to the last level. We are in search of only wizards in industry, and will only consider three candidates. Lazy people need not apply. Do you have skills? A serious understanding and expertise in so many different areas that you pace back and forth in your house without a job wondering why? I am a twenty three year old entrepreneur that is ready to welcome three qualified candidates to my family. We need to make magic. If you are the wizard and are ready to be make $X,XXX,XXX's, contact me directly at jessethekid420@yahoo.com "We are developing the ultimate console and game technology. Get ready for a new industry...2006" by me, as a speaker at the international convention for young entrepreneurs in Ramsey, Isle of Man.

[flaming]Torched in ethereal flames this post will be[flaming].

Seriously though, could you give some more details? A vision. Rough plan. Goals. Exactly what it is you are trying to make. Right now this seems like a quick idea for quick bucks.

No. I will not post details. What kind of shnook do you think I am? Wizard reads it and says,"Good idea" and then we have a problem, so no details will be posted. If you're interested in details, email me your intent and most rapid resource for sending and receiving documents, and I will get a non disclosure off to you by your chosen method ASAP.

Quote:
Original post by Dutchh
No. I will not post details. What kind of shnook do you think I am? Wizard reads it and says,"Good idea" and then we have a problem, so no details will be posted. If you're interested in details, email me your intent and most rapid resource for sending and receiving documents, and I will get a non disclosure off to you by your chosen method ASAP.

This way you won't get ANY developers to help you. You just dug your own grave.
Someone was only pointing out you need to provide more information to get people interested, and you just blew it.

This is not spam. I currently employ a staff of over 90 people, with a payroll reaching an estimated $8,000,000 by the close of this quarter. Please do not be turned away by the raw appeal of this posting. We usually do not recruit, however it's the holiday weekend and I'm bored!

well i do find it strange that a person with 90 employees who has a million dollar plus payroll is using his personal yahoo account to communicate with potential hires. On top of that, his post is implying that they are making a new console. Not gonna happen. Companies are having a hard enough time making portable consoles viable. N-Gage, Gizmondo, Neo-Geo Pocket, Lynx to name just a few examples. So if this is about a full-blown home console, then I'd have to agree this smells like BS.

At the very least tell us if it's about making a console, game, tools, middleware... something!

Quote:
Original post by Cannibal_Coder
....anyone else smell bullsh*t?

Quote:
Original post by Cannibal_Coder
We should do the neighborly thing and sign him up for the next "The Apprentice." I smell a winner.

You sure do smell a lot, don't you? [lol]