[web] Simple content management

Started by
3 comments, last by Sander 18 years, 10 months ago
I would like to be pointed in the right direction of a simple, and easy-to-use content management system with a small footprint, easy setup, decent security, etc. I am not looking for a blogger with a built-in calendar and leave-a-comment system and all that jazz. I just want a simple, secure login... type my news or journal entry or whatever, auto-format the text (curly quotes, etc.), and post to a MySQL database... which in turn is uploaded to the website main page. That's all. Nothing more, nothing less, really. Any ideas? What are my options? Thank you. Basically, exactly what this forum is doing as I type this message, only with text formatting abilities.
Advertisement
Check HotScripts.com, theres a lot of scripts on there that may meet your requirements. And most of them are free! :)
"I just wanted to hang a picture on my wall, but somehow now I'm in the Amazon Jungle looking for raw materials." - Jekler
The installation of Plone is really quite easy. Sadly, it has lots of features, but starting their built-in web server and just having at it is cake.
enum Bool { True, False, FileNotFound };
I've been playing with e107 lately and have been loving it.
Rob Loach [Website] [Projects] [Contact]
From your description I gather you should be looking at blogging software instead of a full-fledged CMS system.

<hr />
Sander Marechal<small>[Lone Wolves][Hearts for GNOME][E-mail][Forum FAQ]</small>

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement