Sign in to follow this  
Koshmaar

OpenGL presentation

My university teacher was looking for someone who would make little OpenGL presentation for other students. He mentioned that it should be sth simple like rotating cube, triangle etc. I said that I'm interested in creating such presentation, he agreed, I went home and started coding. But I haven't written stupid cube rotating app, of course :-) You may see on screenshot what I've developed :-)
I haven't shown it to him yet, I would want to hear some feedback from you first - are there any problems in running it, any runtime bugs, missing dlls? Any comments on app, what to add, what to remove? You can download this 1,1 MB zip file with win32 .exe here! Remember to read readme.txt - it contain some instructions how to use that thing. (well, to be honest, I've written that rotating cube and triangle applications too - they're included in zip with that bigger one)

Guest Anonymous Poster
Yup, it's working for me. THere's sth wrong with rotation of camera along x and y axis, you should also make more models (IMHO). Apart from that, I like your GUI :-P

Good luck!

Hey, thanks for the comment!

Yes, probably there's a little bug somewhere in one place of my code, where I set projection matrix. Or I'm rotating not necessary around origin... either way, I tried solving it many times before, and, well, couldn't :-/ So sadly it will stay like this.

More models... hmmmm, what do you suggest to add? I can't think of more >sane< examples (bear in mind that I'm hand creating those models in .xml file :-) so Unreal3 complexity isn't for me).

Sign in to follow this