• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Lumpy

OpenGL Problem by execute of lesson6 - code

This topic is 4830 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

hi, i'm a new in the opengl world. i'm making now the lessons of the tutorial and all i can say is: respect! i have a little problem at the end of lesson 6 compile and build are running normaly, without errors. by execute is coming the error: "initialization failed". I've found this part of the code: " if (!InitGL()) // Initialize Our Newly Created GL Window { KillGLWindow(); // Reset The Display MessageBox(NULL,"Initialization failed.","ERROR",MB_OK|MB_ICONEXCLAMATION); return FALSE; // Return FALSE } " Can somebody tell me where the problem can be? thanks a lot for every answer!

Advertisement

i'm receiving this error message even with the original code from lesson 6.

i thought the error is in my code, so i downloaded the code from the NeHe page and tried but schows the same thing.

i'm working with visual studio 6.0. maybe i need something to make the code run.

?!

nehe's stuff was mostly written for vc6 anyway.

If that message is popping, then InitGL must be returning false, right?
And a quick look at InitGL in nehe's lesson6 code suggests that the only thing that can cause that is LoadGLTextures returning false. So it seems the code is failing to load your texture. Make sure it's in the right place relative to the exe / working dir.

good luck.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!