Problem by execute of lesson6 - code

Started by
3 comments, last by Lumpy 18 years, 10 months ago
hi, i'm a new in the opengl world. i'm making now the lessons of the tutorial and all i can say is: respect! i have a little problem at the end of lesson 6 compile and build are running normaly, without errors. by execute is coming the error: "initialization failed". I've found this part of the code: " if (!InitGL()) // Initialize Our Newly Created GL Window { KillGLWindow(); // Reset The Display MessageBox(NULL,"Initialization failed.","ERROR",MB_OK|MB_ICONEXCLAMATION); return FALSE; // Return FALSE } " Can somebody tell me where the problem can be? thanks a lot for every answer!
Advertisement
The problem is with the InitGL() function. Can you give us the code you are using for it.
____________________________________________________________Programmers Resource Central

i'm receiving this error message even with the original code from lesson 6.

i thought the error is in my code, so i downloaded the code from the NeHe page and tried but schows the same thing.

i'm working with visual studio 6.0. maybe i need something to make the code run.

?!

nehe's stuff was mostly written for vc6 anyway.

If that message is popping, then InitGL must be returning false, right?
And a quick look at InitGL in nehe's lesson6 code suggests that the only thing that can cause that is LoadGLTextures returning false. So it seems the code is failing to load your texture. Make sure it's in the right place relative to the exe / working dir.

good luck.
[size="1"]
Great, that was the problem!
Thank u a lot!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement