CatastropheV3

Started by
16 comments, last by cippyboy 18 years, 10 months ago
It`s been a long time since I posted around here but I am always glad to do so. Now... if you ever wondered through the C category of the downloads section, you would have seen CatastropheV2, well not it`s time for V3 :D Downloads, along with info (I`m sorry here, it`s completely written in romanian, even the engine doc :D), but by selecting Downloads you`ll easily see the link from which you can download those 17 arhived Megs with my CV3 project, or just see some pics about it. I can`t wait for you to tell me what you think about it :)

Relative Games - My apps

Advertisement
wow, that looks frickin sweet as hell. good job. it even looks better than a lot of comercial games, i didn't download it or anything, but i saw some pictures, and they look really good.
Well, thanks. It`s kind of weird that either not too many people are interested in seeing some real work or I don`t know how to make an interesting post... I think I should put pictures in the post next time,hm...

Relative Games - My apps

a direct link to the download may help. use the form <a href="http://path.to/file.zip">click here</a>
when you do something right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all.
yea, I agree with oscinis. I didn't find the link, before I spotted the next interesting thing... Some screenshot would probably also help.
Download it ?
Picture 1
Picture 2
Picture 3
Picture 4

Relative Games - My apps

Well if you happen to download it and like it/dislike it, please tell

Relative Games - My apps

Looking good. I like the motion blur and effects. And you even have an editor!

A few things:
A crosshair maybe? It would help to know where you are shooting.
Jumping should push you up with a certain force, and then gravity should make you travel in an arc. I'm not sure what you have done exactly, but it isn't natural.
Maybe a little work on your collision response, I managed to climb up through the spinning rock, when you probly shouldn't be able to, and theres no limit to the angle you can walk up.
The bullet holes are cool, but the ai can shoot you straight through a wall.

I suppose my point is if your trying to make a game, its important it plays smoothly.
___________________________________________________David OlsenIf I've helped you, please vote for PigeonGrape!
nice, but i miss my crosshairs.
Allso it seams to run extreamly slow(like 2-3 FPS) on my comp at school (3GHz intel and a nvidia quadro FX 500).
Unless i look straight down into the ground that is.
lightmaps perhaps.
Better animations would be cool, so would particle fx stuff allso be.
Muzzle flames.
Tune down the radial blur slightly or remove it alltogether, it will look better like that(and run faster).
Allso the running speed seams to be directly related to the fps.

Other than that it's nice, i like the whole serious sam style you have going there.
Keep working in it, i am looking forward to CatastropheV4

[Edited by - lc_overlord on June 3, 2005 3:42:57 PM]
[lc_overlord] - Check if you even have drivers installed. I also tryed it at school and wondered why the 1-2 frames/sec, and saw that noone actually installed anything on those stupid computers with incorporated video card(sucks).With drivers it got to 17 FPS :D. Otherwise I don`t know why it runs so slow.I`m having a Radeon 9550 and it runs at 80 FPS lowest, I also tested on a GeForce FX 5700 and a Radeon 9250 and there`s was not too much difference overall.

I knew about all the stuff it needs to be worked on, and maybe there`s gonna be a CatastropheV4 :D when I do a bunch of fixes and I`ll try to make AI-s in Serious Sam fashion to actually be really fun to play with.

After that I`m thinking that if I would gather a team(actually modellers) and make a full-length game I might be able to make a deal with a publisher or something...

Relative Games - My apps

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement