• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

how do i get VC++.Net v7.10 [FIXED]

This topic is 4710 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

How do I get that version. I seem to have 7.0 which will not open vs7.10 project files. Thx Jake [Edited by - jake_Ghost on May 30, 2005 7:08:29 PM]

Advertisement
I got mine from Academic Aliance. But you've got to be studying for that...

How about buying one? It seems to me it would serve you for quite a bit of time, hmm?

Well I bought Visual Studio .NET Professional and I've downloaded that patch that it asks you to. So I thought that v7.10 would come with that but it doesn't. And if microsoft screws me over this much I'll be very angry because I spent good money on that program and I expect them to keep it up-to-date for free.

Jake

If you bought VS .NET Professional 2002 you have version 7.0 of the compiler. VS .NET 2003 comes with version 7.1 of the compiler. Where did you get VS .NET 2002 from? If I were you I'd take it back and get .NET 2003 instead. If that's not an option you can download the free Visual C++ Toolkit 2003 which has version 7.1 of the compiler. You won't get the new IDE that way though.

Guest Anonymous Poster
Would it be possible just to overwrite the compiler from 2002 with the one that's free (from 2003)?

Quote:
Original post by Anonymous Poster
Would it be possible just to overwrite the compiler from 2002 with the one that's free (from 2003)?

Yes. Go into the options and set the Executables directory to point to the Toolkit bin directory and it's all set.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement