• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
persil

SDL and Free Microsoft C++ Toolkit 2003

This topic is 4828 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I'm trying to compile a SDL application with microsoft's free toolkit, but whatever I try, it wants me to link msvcrt.lib, which isn't included in the toolkit, and which I'm not supposed to need anyway, as it uses libc.lib normally. I never specified anywhere to use it, but it keeps giving me that error. Anyone has experience building SDL with the toolkit could help me?

Advertisement
maybe you have to download the Platform SDK which isn't included in the Toolkit file. It is required to write and compile Win32 applications. Probably the Win32 version of SDL requires the platform sdk in order to compile.

I have it installed. And it's in the linker's path. However, the platform SDK doesn't include msvcrt.lib anyway, it seems that this lib is only included in the full Visual C++ compiler, when compiling with dynamic linking (which isn't available in the free toolkit).

It still doesn't work, I'm still searching, but I'm at a loss.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!