• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
scarred_gamer

DirectX game tutorial.

This topic is 4827 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hey, i was wondering if there's any good tutorials out there on how to make a decent game. If anyone knows of any please let me know. I want to make a directx game with collision detection and all that Jazz, thanks in advance

Advertisement
DirectX is way to show graphics, play sound and handling user input. Making a game with DirectX is not done in some tutorials, but if such tutorial exists it is mostly likely a simple making-of game. Using DirectX itself is hard for a beginner. You first need to do some tutorials with DirectX to understand what you can do with it, what is hard and what is easy.

You first need to think for yourself what you define a decent game. Then do alot of selfstudy with directX and try to do simple things first, before you start a big project.

I started here: http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/directx9_c/directx/graphics/tutorialsandsamples/tutorials/direct3dtutorials.asp

Good luck.

Thanks, i'll try and see what I can do, besides there's a sample game that comes with the sdk, i'm going to try and see if i can make heads or tails of it.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!