• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
darkkitten

[.net] Raknet Like Wrapper for C# ???

This topic is 4726 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

As the topic states, I'm searching for a Raknet like Wrapper for C#, I like all the features RakNet has But unfortunatly its for C++ or C++ .Net and it doesnt seem to like C#, if anyone knows a Wrapper that I can use thats just as good let me know. Thanks abunch darkkitten@luriana.com [Edited by - darkkitten on May 31, 2005 5:27:19 AM]

Advertisement
I am also looking for something like this (only VB.NET, but if its C# compatible chances are its VB compatible too)

or you can be like everyone else and write your own objects using System.Net; and System.Net.Sockets; namespaces. At least then you have total control over the features.

Quote:
Original post by TheNobleOne
or you can be like everyone else and write your own objects using System.Net; and System.Net.Sockets; namespaces. At least then you have total control over the features.

yeah, I'd suggest doing this, they aren't difficult to work with. In fact, since you are coming from C++, you're probably used to regular ol' winsock. The System.Net and System.Net.Sockets classes are very easy to use, you probably won't need any "wrapper" or anything.

I'm not sure if you could directly port raknet to C#. Raknet is very much dependent on the preprocessor and macros. I'm not C# savvy, so my question is are the C++ and the C# preprocessors similar?

Quote:
Original post by smr
I'm not sure if you could directly port raknet to C#. Raknet is very much dependent on the preprocessor and macros. I'm not C# savvy, so my question is are the C++ and the C# preprocessors similar?
They have some things in common, and though C# does have a #define statement, you cannot assign values to it, it's used only for conditional compilation.

Of course, the common mantra is that heavy use of the preprocessor is poor design, which is specifically why C# has such a limited #define statement.

i had a fast look over on ranknet to port to c#.

iths more c stled code then OO so its not easy to port. You have to reconstrukt a lot of it to bring a .net way in it.

Warping ranknet to c# wuld be even wors.

its best if you use one of this.

http://axiomwiki.digitalsentience.com/index.php/Axiom_Networking_Lib's

or

http://www.lidgren.net/programming/network/

also

http://www.bunnz.com/wiki/index.php/Ubik

look intresting but ther is no working download of the last version.

sorry for my crapy english but i dount have the time to correct it.

The reason I was looking for a Raknet like resource was for the compression, I tried to use developdotnet and other such things, but it doesnt do exactly what I need... and Raknet had alot of features I wanted... but ill look at those sites. and see what I can do from there...

Thanks

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!