• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

[Managed] Alpha blending won't work

This topic is 4738 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hello, I'd like to apply textures with alpha channel onto a quad-vertex surface. I thought i just had to activate alphablending in the device's render state, and also setting alphablend source and destination But it doesn't work. I've tried many things, followed much tutorials, but no result. I'm beginning to think it's c# or managed directx that have a bug. I've done all things explained in this tutorial : http://www.riaz.de/tutorials/d3d11/d3d11.html I've also taken the png texture to be sure that it wasn't my texture that didn't have alpha channel. Transparency zones still be black For the moment, i use PositionTextured vertices, i shut lights off (renderstate.lighting to false), i don't use any material or diffuse color in my quad-vertex primitive. Thanks

Advertisement

Hy Gruik.

I´ve got the the same problem a time ago.
I i remember well you have to set a diffuse material to the device
wich has a suitable alpha-value ( e.g. 128 -> hex 80 ). Without this
you may have no chance...
i hope this helps

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!