• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Ghhetto

Does this product exist?

This topic is 4893 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hello, I am hoping someone can recommend a software product or search words for a solution to a problem my company is having. The software company I work for specializes in business simulation. We have 7 different products, some server based, some file based. Our tools allow organizations to make "models" of their hospitials, manufacturing plants, projects, etc. What we are looking for is a product that I best describe as "Napster for our company". Basically, a tool that, given the different file extensions of my company's portfolio of products, a user can see the "models" on someone elses computer. Hopefully, we can list different properties of the models so users can search for different types of models. I know these products exists. What are these software products called? Any good google words? Any products you would recommend? Thanks, Dan

Advertisement
Peer to peer file sharing. Direct Connect might work for you.

edt: fixed link to the real direct connect instead of the sourceforge c++ client version.

Thanks!

How about Groove http://www.groove.net/home/index.cfm? Anyone have any opinions on it?

Thanks,
Dan

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!