• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
NeoMaster

hxRender Libraries Fail to Link

This topic is 5013 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Umm... well, I'd define "older" as a computer with below a 1.0 gHZ CPU speed and with something like an S3 Trio video card. It'd be something like an HP computer straight from 2001. I don't want the users of my game to have to have a relatively new computer to play a 2D game. That's what SDL's blitting API gave me and what I plan to improve through hxRender.

Advertisement
Quote:
Original post by PnP Bios
I can barely get it to run at all on my voodoo3.

Are you running WinXP? If so there arent any drivers for 3dfx cards, i know because an 8mg AccelStar card that i bought for $3.00 ran circles around my voodoo5.

btw is there any more tuts/code we can look at other than the rotdemo?

Quote:
Original post by Axenation
Quote:
Original post by PnP Bios
I can barely get it to run at all on my voodoo3.

Are you running WinXP? If so there arent any drivers for 3dfx cards, i know because an 8mg AccelStar card that i bought for $3.00 ran circles around my voodoo5.

btw is there any more tuts/code we can look at other than the rotdemo?

uhm, not right now. when I get my laptop back, we'll see.

And don't pick on my Voodoo3... she may be showing her age, but she can still play quake 2.

guess i forgot about this page. It has 3rd party drivers on it.

http://www.voodoofiles.com/3dfxhelp.asp

ps. sorry if i went a bit more off topic.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!