• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

Whats up with dev-cpp and generating debugging information over and over?

This topic is 4737 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I keep trying to use the debug mode/run to cursor feature of dev-cpp. When I do, it asks me if I want to generate debugging info and rebuild the project. I hit yes, and it rebuilds. Then I try again, and it repeats. Over and over and over again. It drives me MAD! Yes, the "generate debugging info" is on. I sometimes manage to get it to work, out of blind luck, and once it works, it keeps working. But I want it to work the first time! Also, does anyone know why it sometimes just stops tracking where you are when you are in "run to cursor" mode? It can be quite annoying, although not so much as the first problem! Thank you.

Advertisement
yeah i get that with 4.9.9.1
press f8 to debug gives the message
"your project doesnt have debugging info, do u want to rebuild it with it enabled?"
i click YES
press f8
"your project doesnt have debugging info, do u want to rebuild it with it enabled?"
i click YES
press f8

its actually amusing for a couple of minutes :)
seriously u might wanna email the newsgroup (im sure theres one somewhere)

I never had this problem with the 4.9.9.2 (nor with the previous, actually). Try reinstalling the program.
And be sure (but probably you already know that) to have all the optimization stuff off, or you wont be able to follow every single line...

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!