• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

Blending Multiple Animations?

This topic is 4706 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I am having difficulty blending multiple animations. The concept is straightforward but for some reason it isn't working. Specifically, if I have an animation a0 and an animation a1 and I want to play each at 0.5, and each bone contains its local rotation and translation, the algorithm is supposed to be: slerp a0.quat, a1.quat, 0.5 lerp a0.pos, a1.pos, 0.5 Then multiply everyone by their parents and you have the final transforms. Thing is, it doesn't work. If I blend a0 with a0 equally it works perfectly. But if I blend a0 and a1 various chunks of my model will 'explode'. For example the fingers might stretch out, or the jaw go to the left. It's very weird. I am confirming that the quaternion coming out of the equation is normalized. So I think the problem is with the translations. But I can't see is going wrong. Unfortunately there isn't much available on the net about this ... people either talk about slerping the quats or just use DirectX. Anyone have any ideas?

Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement