• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
gaurav khanduja

3d Texture mapping

This topic is 4884 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I have a created 8 3d textures of size 256 * 256 * 256, when I am rendering 204 slices for each texture, i see all 8 textures in 8 different viewport; when i render these 8 textures with 205 slieces for each of them, i see 7 textures , i dont see anything in 8th viewport; when i render these 8 textures with 239 slices i see only 6 textures and in two viewports i dont see anything. I am not able to understand why this is happening ? Am i doing something wrong? I am using Nvidia Geforce 5200 graphics card with 1 Gb of RAM . Thanks in advance. GK

Advertisement
Quote:
Original post by gaurav khanduja
I have a created 8 3d textures of size 256 * 256 * 256, when I am rendering 204 slices for each texture, i see all 8 textures in 8 different viewport; when i render these 8 textures with 205 slieces for each of them, i see 7 textures , i dont see anything in 8th viewport; when i render these 8 textures with 239 slices i see only 6 textures and in two viewports i dont see anything.

I am not able to understand why this is happening ? Am i doing something wrong?

I am using Nvidia Geforce 5200 graphics card with 1 Gb of RAM .

Thanks in advance.

GK

The GeForce FX 5200 doesn't have the 1 GB of ram, I suppose? [smile] I believe the problem has to do with memory running out anyway, as

256*256*256*4Bpp = 64MB of data per volume, multiplied by 8 is 512MB just for the textures.

Have you tried to use smaller volumes?

Well I agree with you that Geforce doesnt have 1 Gb of RAM, but my system has, that was what I was talking about. May be I was not clear ,my apologies. Geforce has 128 MB of memory. Now it can load textures way beyond its graphics memmory is due to texture caching which most of the new graphics card allow. This is where I suppose 1 GB of RAM is being used.

I tried to load as many as 30 textures of 256 * 256 * 256 - and i was able to render 6 slices of each texture. (in different viewports).

So i tried this

Created 8 3d textures of size 256 * 256 * 256, when I am rendering 204 slices for each texture, i see all 8 textures in 8 different viewport; when i render these 8 textures with 205 slieces for each of them, i see 7 textures , i dont see anything in 8th viewport; when i render these 8 textures with 239 slices i see only 6 textures and in two viewports i dont see anything.

I am not able to understand why this is happening ? Am i doing something wrong?

My system has Nvidia Geforce 5200 (128 MB of RAM) graphics card and 1 Gb of RAM .

Thanks in advance.

GK

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!