Advertisement Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
jperezalv

DirectX SDK version + QueryPerformanceCounter problem

This topic is 4984 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Recommended Posts

Hi, all! I've been making a 3D program with DirectX and C# and I've been using the class FrameworkTimer included in Microsoft.Samples.Directx.UtilityToolkit, which uses QueryPerformanceTimer as a high-resolution timer. The problem is that with the October 2004 SDK version all was fine, but I tried it in a computer with a newer SDK version and I got an strange Direct3D.InvalidCallException in the main game loop. I've tried to debug it but still have no sense. Then I've taken back the program to the computer with the October version and it runs fine, without changing anything. I've even tried to recompile the project after copying the right version of the FrameworkTimer class from the SDK\samples\managed\common folder, but still doesn't work. I don't know what else to do. Any suggestions? Thanks Jorge

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Advertisement
Quote:
Original post by jperezalv
Hi, all!

I've been making a 3D program with DirectX and C# and I've been using the class FrameworkTimer included in Microsoft.Samples.Directx.UtilityToolkit, which uses QueryPerformanceTimer as a high-resolution timer.

The problem is that with the October 2004 SDK version all was fine, but I tried it in a computer with a newer SDK version and I got an strange Direct3D.InvalidCallException in the main game loop. I've tried to debug it but still have no sense.

Then I've taken back the program to the computer with the October version and it runs fine, without changing anything. I've even tried to recompile the project after copying the right version of the FrameworkTimer class from the SDK\samples\managed\common folder, but still doesn't work.

I don't know what else to do.
Any suggestions?

Thanks
Jorge


My guess would be that the October version of the managed runtime is not installed on the other machine. Managed DirectX has changed a couple times since October 2004 and each revision is a new assembly. You should either make sure the october 2004 sdk is installed or (at the very least) make sure that the directx redist that comes with the october sdk is installed before attempting to run your application.

Paul

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Thanks for your comment. I had a backup of a previous version of my program, so I tried to just copy-paste the changes I had made and now it works again. It's a mystery. From now on I'll make backups more recently for in the case it happens again.

Thank you
Jorge

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Advertisement
×

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!