• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Simplicity

Feedback on Engine

This topic is 4794 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I'm working on this 3D engine called DirectForce. Currently it is in an early stage. Please have a look at DirectForce Engine and give me some feedback. Thank you. [Edited by - Simplicity on June 2, 2005 12:28:42 PM]

Advertisement
I would suggest splitting the samples and the code so people can just download the samples and then download the code if they want.

The mesh.exe doesn't work for me, it just opens a window and immediately closes.

Here's a link directly to the engine page so people don't have to go looking around: DirectForce Engine.

As for my feedback on the engine; couldn't get any of the samples to run (missing a DLL), and couldn't compile the engine cause I don't have .NET. =(

Matt Hughson

Sorry for the mess guys. To run the samples directly from the "Release" folder, for the Mesh example, copy the files "cloud.tga" and "Box.dfm" to the Release folder.

Well anyway, I redo everything and you could now just download the samples' executables and everything you need to run the file.

DirectForce Engine

Thanks again for the help.

Still can't seem to run the samples. Says I'm missing the following DLL: d3dx9_25.dll

I know I have DX 9 installed on my computer, but I did a search for that file and it's nowhere to be found.

Matt Hughson

the d3dx9_25.dll is only avaiable via the 25 SDK, MS dose not alow you to redist this file ... :(
(kinda have the same problem atm)

Insted you should use the d3dx9.dll

--EDIT

If you dont want to download the full SDK you can get the d3dx9_25.dll here :

http://www.clootie.ru/delphi/download_dx92.html

Download the Clootie_DX92_dlls.zip

[Edited by - Mythar on June 2, 2005 1:02:17 PM]

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!