double data error ?

Started by
1 comment, last by moeron 18 years, 10 months ago
My 3d engine (a simple one) works fine on my Pentium 4 3GHz Ati Radeon 9600 (on this computer it was developped), works fine on celeron 1.8GHz GeForce4MX, but when I put the exe on another computer (Pentium 3 1GHz TNT2) it just crashes. Using CrashFinder v2.1 I've found out that it crashes when I initialize a double. Changing that variable from double to float, it didn't crash in that point anymore but it crashed like 100 lines below, when it reached another double initialisation... Does anyone have any ideeas ? I'm really lost... Could be from the optimizing options in VisualC ? I tried changing them from optimize for P4 to P,P2,P3, without SSE or SSE2... the same...
Advertisement
No, it looks like a hidden bug - you probably overide some memory somewhere. It migh be a good idea to run your application in the debug mode on your friends PC.
If you are able to install your IDE or a debugger on this machine, I suggest you to do so.

Regards,
Check for out of bounds array access or other subtle memory errors. Problems with memory can pop up randomly and lead to strange errors. Like Emmanuel said, I would also suggest debugging very carefully and checking all your pointer / array / other memory access code that is nearby that particular function call that is your trouble spot.
moe.ron

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement