• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

A compiler qeustion

This topic is 4708 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

i don't know if i should put this here but it kind of relates ive been programming for a while and ive moved my way psat console tic-tac-toe and the such and am working on moving up to graphics i was just wondering if i could use C++BuilderX by borland to produce graphical games (working on a tetris clone)? if not ill just use devc++ but i like borland way better (more used to it)

Advertisement
thanks

and i got the SDL source (couldn't find pre-compiled) and i tried to compile it in Visual C++ 6.0 this gave me a huge amount of errors (mostly about an error in the makefile about unknown command -ml) i don't really know much about makefiles and im going to find a tutorial today on one but this really confused me and i tried for hours on how to fix this but i failed miserably

Did you try looking here for the binaries? Get the win32 runtime and development libraries.

Also, in case you missed it, there are SDL tutorials here.

You also might want to take a look at the book Focus On SDL by Ernest Pazera. The official SDL docs are a bit sparse. However, once you get everything up and running they tell you everything you need to know.

thanks for the help id searched on google for the binaries but they evaded my capture but now i can get started thanks and ill check out the book cause i think they have it at my library

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement