Did OpenGL 2.0 is avaliable?

Started by
13 comments, last by zedzeek 18 years, 10 months ago
Yes. that the question. Did OpenGL 2 is avaliable by now???
Advertisement
the spec has been out for just under a year and ATI and NV have had OGL2.0 drivers about for a while now
The standard is available. If you're using Windows, however, that doesn't mean much; just that 2.0-compatible cards are guaranteed to expose certain ARB extensions with their latest drivers. See here.
Yes Did OpenGL 2.0 is avaliable!
Quote:Original post by anonuser
Yes Did OpenGL 2.0 is avaliable!

I know I shouldn't, but the hell, ba ha ha ha
Ahem, cough cough, back to normal [razz]
On topic, ATI latest Catalysts mention something about GL version 2.0.45, I dunno what that means, but oh well.

Is the framebuffer object extension part of OpenGL 2.0? Because ATI still doesnt have it!
no, the FBO extension was produced post-2.0 standisation, I belive it might make it into 2.1 however.
I have a question regarding OpenGL 2.0. I have an ATI Radeon X800 (PCI Express version), and have the latest Catalyst drivers, which support OpenGL 2.0. Would I be able to access the new core functions directly, assuming that the gl.h header contains the latest 2.0 definitions, or will I still need to use the OpenGL extension mechanism to gain access to those new functions (going all the way back to version 1.1)?

Terry

yes, you will still have to access them via extensions on windows as the lib, header and dll dont expose >1.1 functionality.

However, the good news is you can just use an extension loader to perform the setup for you, I recommend GLee, a link to which can be found in the Forum FAQ
Quote:Original post by _the_phantom_
no, the FBO extension was produced post-2.0 standisation, I belive it might make it into 2.1 however.

Its not even ARB, its going to go straight from EXT to core? (thatd be pretty cool) They should add some render to vertex array functionality first (or was that specified to be offset to a separate extension? (i dont usually read the "issues" section) )

EDIT: AHAHA, i started looking through the ARB meeting notes for the most recent meeting, under OpenGL 2.1:

Quote:
Originally At: http://www.opengl.org/about/arb/notes/meeting_note_2004-12-07.html
Superbuffers - may go directly from EXT to core? This needs implementation experience before deciding, but general feeling is YES.

(im assuming by superbuffers they're refferring to FBOs (since it was the superbuffer group) )

cheers
-Dan
When General Patton died after World War 2 he went to the gates of Heaven to talk to St. Peter. The first thing he asked is if there were any Marines in heaven. St. Peter told him no, Marines are too rowdy for heaven. He then asked why Patton wanted to know. Patton told him he was sick of the Marines overshadowing the Army because they did more with less and were all hard-core sons of bitches. St. Peter reassured him there were no Marines so Patton went into Heaven. As he was checking out his new home he rounded a corner and saw someone in Marine Dress Blues. He ran back to St. Peter and yelled "You lied to me! There are Marines in heaven!" St. Peter said "Who him? That's just God. He wishes he were a Marine."

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement