• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
chipmunk1886

OpenGL incorporating win32 controls into opengl window

This topic is 4884 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

i've been googling for info on this for a while and i've come up with libaries like GLUI but that's not quite what i'm looking for. I'm thinking of milkshape's interface with multiple viewports (that i understand) but how can you incorporate windows controls into an opengl window? sorry if this question has been asked before, but the search function isn't working and I couldn't find anything with google. Thanks.

Advertisement
OpenGL-enabled window is still a window like any other, so you can add child windows/controls to it. Include WS_CHILD style and give handle to the openGL window as hWndParent for ::CreateWindow() call when you set up the control(s)

edit: note, for application like 3d editor you might want to do it the other way around i.e. add the openGL window as one of child windows attached to main framework, together with standard toolbars, menus etc.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!