• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Salvinger

Microsoft Visual Studio 2003 Auto-Complete

This topic is 4797 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Whenever I declare an object of a class in the SDL library I can never see the members of the class. Whenever I type the name of the object and then a dot, none of the members appear, and at the bottom I get a message that states, "IntelliSense: 'Expression to the left of . or -> has a type which could not be resolved.'" Would this have to do with SDL or is there another way to fix this?

Advertisement
Add the header files with the declarations you want auto-compelted to the project.

Oh, does the code compile? If it doesn't, auto-complete won't work.

IntelliSense is a bit flakey. It often can't follow complex constructs.

For example it won't work with the pimpl idiom (not the way I implement it anyhow).

*scratches head* I remember - may be even on this forum, seeing something about a plugin for visual studio that uses the SDL better.

I suggest [google]'ing plugin sdl visual studio net or something. Or may be even searching this forum using the google search.

Try downloading the trial version of Visual Studio Assist. Generally makes all the intellisense that didnt work before work. Only trouble is you'll have to pay after 30 days and once you've tried the 30 day offer its really ahrd to go back.....

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!