Microsoft Visual Studio 2003 Auto-Complete

Started by
6 comments, last by xEricx 18 years, 10 months ago
Whenever I declare an object of a class in the SDL library I can never see the members of the class. Whenever I type the name of the object and then a dot, none of the members appear, and at the bottom I get a message that states, "IntelliSense: 'Expression to the left of . or -> has a type which could not be resolved.'" Would this have to do with SDL or is there another way to fix this?
Advertisement
Add the header files with the declarations you want auto-compelted to the project.

Oh, does the code compile? If it doesn't, auto-complete won't work.
- The trade-off between price and quality does not exist in Japan. Rather, the idea that high quality brings on cost reduction is widely accepted.-- Tajima & Matsubara
It does compile, and i will try your suggestion.
No, what you said doesnt work. It still gives me that error at the bottom of the window.
IntelliSense is a bit flakey. It often can't follow complex constructs.

For example it won't work with the pimpl idiom (not the way I implement it anyhow).
*scratches head* I remember - may be even on this forum, seeing something about a plugin for visual studio that uses the SDL better.

I suggest [google]'ing plugin sdl visual studio net or something. Or may be even searching this forum using the google search.
Anything posted is personal opinion which does not in anyway reflect or represent my employer. Any code and opinion is expressed “as is” and used at your own risk – it does not constitute a legal relationship of any kind.
Try downloading the trial version of Visual Studio Assist. Generally makes all the intellisense that didnt work before work. Only trouble is you'll have to pay after 30 days and once you've tried the 30 day offer its really ahrd to go back.....
Yep Visual Assist is really cool, you can get it here

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement