Spot light no functioning

Started by
14 comments, last by SimmerD 18 years, 10 months ago
If I set a break point, in that place, the value is passed. I really don't know what is wrong. The problem with the string comparison is just like you said. It didn't pass the value. Maybe is not passing the rest of the values, but I'm setting again in every frame so I don't know what could be the problem really. I think is maybe the faces... I'm remodelling the table and will let you guys know what has happened...

I just read something in the debug window... which can clear things up...

'Billiards.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\mslbui.dll', No symbols loaded.
Detected memory leaks!
Dumping objects ->
{62} normal block at 0x00EF5D98, 24 bytes long.
Data: < ` > 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 60 A3 7F 01
{61} normal block at 0x00EF5BC0, 408 bytes long.
Data: < ? ? ?> 00 00 80 3F 00 00 80 3F 00 00 00 00 00 00 80 3F
Object dump complete.

normal block... I suppose that is something with the model.
Marco Tapia
Advertisement
If I set a break point, in that place, the value is passed. I really don't know what is wrong. The problem with the string comparison is just like you said. It didn't pass the value. Maybe is not passing the rest of the values, but I'm setting again in every frame so I don't know what could be the problem really. I think is maybe the faces... I'm remodelling the table and will let you guys know what has happened...

I just read something in the debug window... which can clear things up...

'Billiards.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\mslbui.dll', No symbols loaded.
Detected memory leaks!
Dumping objects ->
{62} normal block at 0x00EF5D98, 24 bytes long.
Data: < ` > 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 60 A3 7F 01
{61} normal block at 0x00EF5BC0, 408 bytes long.
Data: < ? ? ?> 00 00 80 3F 00 00 80 3F 00 00 00 00 00 00 80 3F
Object dump complete.

normal block... I suppose that is something with the model.
Marco Tapia
Ok guys, I remodeled the table and same thing. This time I only made it single sided mesh so I knew what was happening and all of the faces are inverted. Is there another exporter for blender.
Marco Tapia
I suggest you completely start over from scratch and look at an online tutorial / sample project as you go. Copy the source exactly if you have to. Use someone elses model first that you KNOW will work.

When you get it working correctly, try swapping in your own model and see if it still works correctly. When you can do that, start changing it around into your own classes/framework.

Ok so I followed advice and this is what I have comed up... I checked the mesh on the mesh viewer and it came out perfectly so I know that the mesh is not the problem. I tryied out a couple of things and found out it had to do with my projection matrix so I can see everything perfectly. Now for the main question the spot light. It's not happening. The wierd part is that it only lights up the object when is under it and looking away. example position -2 in "y" and direction -1 in "y".
Any suggestion on why is this happening.
Marco Tapia
Perhpaps your normals are inverted. Try multiplying your normals by -1 and see if the light shows up.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement