• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
yikai

how to use GL_NV_occlusion_query in program ?

This topic is 4883 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

When I try to use this NVIDIA extension library, my display screen is crash.... I follow its rough sample code to write, but it can't work( build is ok ) Perhaps I lost something ? I can't figure out. >"< Could someone teach me how to write this ? According to his rough sample code, I know how to complete it. But it can't work.... >"< Here is his rough sample code. GLuint occlusionQueries[N]; GLuint pixelCount; glGenOcclusionQueriesNV(N, occlusionQueries); // It works here and crash, don't know what happened >"< // My card support glGenOcclusionQueriesNV() ... // before this point, render major occluders glColorMask(GL_FALSE, GL_FALSE, GL_FALSE, GL_FALSE); glDepthMask(GL_FALSE); // also disable texturing and any fancy shading features for (i = 0; i < N; i++) { glBeginOcclusionQueryNV(occlusionQueries); // render bounding box for object i glEndOcclusionQueryNV(); } // at this point, if possible, go and do some other computation glColorMask(GL_TRUE, GL_TRUE, GL_TRUE, GL_TRUE); glDepthMask(GL_TRUE); // reenable other state for (i = 0; i < N; i++) { glGetOcclusionQueryuivNV(occlusionQueries, GL_PIXEL_COUNT_NV, &pixelCount); if (pixelCount > 0) { // render object i } }

Advertisement
-Did you initialize the extension functions?
-Did you check for any gl-errors
-You should be using GL_ARB_occlusion_query

-Did you initialize the extension functions?

I initialize the extension functions. I copy glew.h , glew.lib , glew.dll to related directionary.

-Did you check for any gl-errors

After I compiled, nothing were wrong.

-You should be using GL_ARB_occlusion_query

My coding is not good. Could you tell me why I am using GL_ARB_occlusion_query ? I think that the reason might be my coding skill. = ="

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!