• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Samantha aka Lilly

Does anyone know of a good tutorial website or a 2d (3d) graphics site that allows...

This topic is 4883 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

you to make graphics? I need to know for future reference! I also need both the tutorial and the graphics (2d and/or 3d) site to be free! Any tips on anything that might help me would be nice! Thanks in advance!

Advertisement
Check out the Visual Arts forum. They have some sticky threads there with links to tutorials and sites with graphics(although some are copyrighted).

What type of art are you looking to create?

Goto the visual arts forum, and click on the forum faq. There should be a ton of links in there for you.

-edit - I've been beat!

Quote:
Original post by Lilly Pendragon
thanks Dark I'll do that right now! And I want to make a kind of weird RPG. One that is both Sci-Fi and Fantasy! So i need help finding sites on both thanks!

If you would like to make a RPG, I'll suggest The Newverwinter Nights toolset.

Dark, what is the website? And does it have tutorial? I want to find out this beccause I'm just starting out and I need like C++ help etc.! I feel so bad for not saying that sooner.

Quote:
Dark, what is the website? And does it have tutorial? I want to find out this beccause I'm just starting out and I need like C++ help etc.! I feel so bad for not saying that sooner.

nwn.bioware.com

Neverwinter Nights is a computer RPG game. However, it comes with a toolset that allows you to make your own modules for it. You can load up the module you made, and then play through your story just as if you'd made your own RPG. You can also share your creation, and download the creations of others. There are thousands upon thousands of them.

The toolset lets you make maps, items, characters, and other things. It also includes a tiny simple programming language that is a lot like C, but simplified for you to alter the behaviour of things in the game.

It's not the same as making your own RPG from scratch, but it's quicker and easier. It can take forever to make your own from scratch, but with the toolset you can make your game within a game quickly.

Quote:
But you can you create and used the programs to create if you have never even played before?
Come again? [lol]

I think you mean... "Do you have to had played the game to use the toolset?"

No, but it helps.

If you mean, do you need to own the game to use the toolset. Yes. You need the game, and only other people with the game can play your creations. It's not a replacement for programming your own stuff from scratch, but it's fun, easy, and quick.

The language included with it can also help ease you into C / C++ down the line with it's very similar syntax.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!