Does anyone know of a good tutorial website or a 2d (3d) graphics site that allows...

Started by
16 comments, last by Samantha aka Lilly 18 years, 10 months ago
But I don't own the game! How am I supposed to do it? Is there another site like that? Well thanks Dark for everything anyway! ummmmsorry about that! Where do I get that game? I have no money what so ever! So I can't buy asnd use it! Thanks for everything anyhow!
Advertisement
So sorry if I sounded Rude.
I made everyone leave!!!! *cries in the corner*
...........Sorry Everyone!!!!
Nobody thinks you're rude. Although they might think you're a bit .... over enthusiastic. If you're planning on programming the RPG yourself, and haven't programmed games before, you should understand it's not an easy undertaking. There are a few free RPG engines out there you could use, although I can't think of the names of any off the top of my head. Google for it.

If you really want to do all the programming yourself, you're going to have to start smaller and build your way up to it. Try tic-tac-toe to start, then move on to other things. Don't even worry about graphics until you have the basics of programming down. There are many resources for beginners on this site, just search through the articles and you should find quite a few. Also, be sure to read the Beginner's forum FAQ, as it has plenty of useful information.

Good luck. I'm sure if you work at this, you'll be able to succeed.... eventually.

*** Edit: Here's one of those RPG engines. You'll still have to do scripting, but it has the more low-level things already finished. VERGE. There are others out there too. I found this one by googling for "RPG engine".
----------------------------------------------------------No matter how eloquently you state your argument, the fact remains that the toilet seat is a bistable device. Therefore it's natural position is no more down than it is up.[SDL Smooth Tile Scrolling]
Quote:Original post by Lilly Pendragon
But I don't own the game! How am I supposed to do it? Is there another site like that? Well thanks Dark for everything anyway! ummmmsorry about that! Where do I get that game? I have no money what so ever! So I can't buy asnd use it! Thanks for everything anyhow!
It's very cheap. I think the package that includes both expansion packs is only 29.99 now.

What's with the PM about making me mad? I took off for awhile, no one's angry. [lol]

NWN isn't a must, but it's the easiest route to creating an RPG. What else you can use depends on what your goals are. Check out the recommendations in the other thread you posted.

Thanks Dark for all of your help! If you find any good engines or graphic sites (etc.) please tell me! I hate begging like this.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement