• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

problem locking mipmap levels for writing

This topic is 4736 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hello... I am sitting here for a long time to success in locking mipmap surfaces. I create a Texture with several mipmap levels (CreateTexture). When i try to lock a special mipmap level with LockRect, i get an error and it is not working. It only works for mipmap level 0 here is code: D3DLOCKED_RECT LockedRect; m_Direct3DDevice->CreateTexture( m_Width, m_Height, 0, m_Usage, m_PixelFormat, D3DPOOL_DEFAULT, &m_Texture, NULL); m_Texture->GetSurfaceLevel( 1, &DestSurface ); DestSurface->LockRect(&LockedRect, NULL, D3DLOCK_DISCARD); LockRect creates error code: D3DERR_INVALIDCALL Earlier mentioned, for mipmap level 0 it is working. Can somebody help?? thx

Advertisement
You cannot lock it if it is assigned to D3DPOOL_DEFAULT as that memory is not locakable - hope that makes sense my English is flakey tonight :)

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!