Mem usage increasing with changes to window

Started by
2 comments, last by Kylotan 18 years, 10 months ago
ok im working with SDL and when i first compile the program (using Dev-Cpp IDE (GCC)) It is at about 3464 KB's at first then when i minimize it it lvls out at 460 KB's but then when i expand it again 1568 KB's wich is like half the size of the origonal, in fact even with the default template for Dev, i notice various memory fluctuations in Windows Task Manager if anyone knows why i would like to know, thanks =)
____________________________"This just in, 9 out of 10 americans agree that 1 out of 10 americans will disagree with the other 9"- Colin Mochrie
Advertisement
I believe that minimising an app may tell Windows that it is a good time to reclaim unused memory. I wouldn't worry about it if I were you.
its more then that though, when i first bring up the window it has its base size then when i switch to a diffrent window (not minimize just switch) then go back the size increases by 4kb then if i wait like 5 min and do it again it increases again, this could rack up alot of memory, i know stuff like this seem nit picky but i just want clarification so that when debugging my program i dont tag these flucuations as memory leaks
____________________________"This just in, 9 out of 10 americans agree that 1 out of 10 americans will disagree with the other 9"- Colin Mochrie
It may be worth using some sort of memory manager to track your application's memory. You can't really use the operating system to do that because you have no control over when it reclaims freed memory.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement