Sign in to follow this  
Marz

Help with VB.6 Control Array

I am programming a board game using Visual Basic 6. Players go around a board of 32 squares by rolling a six sided dice. To make the view larger I have put each corner containing 8 game spots on a separate form. I then created an Image control array called spot(29), 1 for each board space. The problem is that VB will not let me carry a control array from one form to another. Is there a way I can carry a control array from form to form or should I be approaching this from a different angle? I would appreciate any and all help offered but please answer in Laymen's terms as I am still a novice. Thank you

I'm not sure I understand what you're trying to do. When you say "carry a control array," do you mean access it from another form or are you trying to place all of the controls from the array onto the other form?

I want the control array to exist in all four seperate forms. It takes four forms to display all of the blocks at the size I want them to be.

Well, there's on way that I know of to force a control to exist on two different forms. You can have a reference to a control from another form in a variable on a form and even subscribe to that control's events. You just can't make it show up on that form.