EnemyBoss presents: Pong, Breakout, Space Invaders, Asteroids and Tetris clones.

Started by
9 comments, last by EnemyBoss 18 years, 10 months ago
Hi everyone, I'm new here. I'm new to game programming, but I do have experience in in C/C++ and Java. In fact I've used OpenGL and SDL, but not to make a game. I probably know more about game SDKs and graphics programming than a newbie really should. But I swear that these games are the first games I've ever written. I don't blame you if you think I'm a bit weird, but don't laugh just yet. I first wrote Pong a while back in C/Win32, and then again as a Java applet. Recently, I wrote Breakout, Space Invaders, Asteroids and Tetris as Java applets too. Its funny, there was a time when I sweared that my first games would be made with the DJGPP 32-bit DOS C++ compiler, using Allegro. Yeah, I've been contemplating game development for THAT long! Now you can laugh. Please try my games and also look through my code as well. My games can be played online or downloaded from my website at http://enemyboss.net/games or you can go to the GD Showcase. The games are: 1. Enemy Pong 2. Enemy Breakout 3. Enemy Invaders 4. Enemy Asteroids 5. Enemy Sirtet Enjoy, and let me know what you think. If I've done these games right, then I can start on new game projects. I've waited too long for this. [Edited by - EnemyBoss on June 3, 2005 4:21:28 PM]
Advertisement
Pong needs work. When the ball reached the top of the screen, it gets stuck up there. No matter what part of the paddle it hits, the ball's y coordinate doesn't change.

Edit: Actually it is kind of hard to do it in the first place. So, thumbs up.
skulldrudgery--A tricky bit of toil
I played 4 of the games and thought that all of them were good (I only had one problem with Enemy sirteT, but I posted about that in the showcase).

Keep up the good work!
Good work and welcome to GameDev, I love those classics. Make sure you take full advantage of GDNet+ by creating a journal. You can post all your new screenshots in it and join the millions of others who post in them; I'd be really interested in reading what you're working on next during its development.
Rob Loach [Website] [Projects] [Contact]
I'm particularily interested in what you think about Enemy Asteroids. I think its the best game in the five. Yet Asteroids it seems is getting the least attention, it only got 1 download in the showcase whereas my Pong got 9 downloads. Its funny that many people still love Pong. So c'mon try Enemy Asteroids.

BTW, I will look into the Journal feature. I really should've joined GDNet+ before finishing these games. Releasing them all at once like this might not have been the best way to introduce myself.
I think joining and showing off what you've done in the past proves that you are serious about what you do. Keep up the great work. Don't worry about the amount of downloads as they were just recently released. The fact that you have something out there puts you way ahead of most of the gang on this site. Start up that journal and begin your next project!
Rob Loach [Website] [Projects] [Contact]
I could only get PONG to work. I couldn't find the run file for the rest.
Quote:Original post by Im D Milkman
I could only get PONG to work. I couldn't find the run file for the rest.

Thats because I implemented them as Java applets. Unzip them and open index.html, you can also play them online at http://enemyboss.net/games. There's a Java version of Pong in there too. I put a link besides the description for each game in the showcase.
Kudos to you on your efforts. The games, tutorials and your stellar attitude are all great assets for this community. Keep up the good work!
I set the clouds in motion, turn up light and sound...Activate the window, and watch the world go 'round
Little way to cheat on the breakout game. When the ball is about the pass the paddle press and hold mouse one and the game freezes, then just move your paddle below the ball and release

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement