Sign in to follow this  
paic

What resources are handled by resource managers ?

hi, everything's in the title ^^ well, a little more precision on my question : I thought about textures, fonts, materials, sahders, and others that I forgot. But what about vertex and index buffers ? Would it be usefull to manage them as resources ? Why ? (for the moment, the importance of resource managing in my little brain is avoiding redundant data, and on vertex / index buffer, except checking the content, I don't how to avoid redundant buffers, so the usefullness of resource managing buffers is quite low in my mind) Any pointer to articles / tutorials / whatever helpfull link is welcomed ^^

I do manage them in my resource manager, but the the manager doesn't know that it's in a buffer, or an array or whatever. It just manages a 'mesh' which has been loaded from a certain file. The renderer decides where to actually put the data.

If something needs to be allocated and cleaned up, then it is a resource and you can have a resource manager handle it.

Memory and buffers of any kind definitely fall in that category.

Quote:
Original post by Fruny
If something needs to be allocated and cleaned up, then it is a resource and you can have a resource manager handle it.

Memory and buffers of any kind definitely fall in that category.

why can non-english speakers always explain things in better english than me?