• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
vx7johmi

OpenGL Terrain texturing, several masks (plus other questions...)

This topic is 4825 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Any good ideas besides the "one mask per channel" solution?? What I really want is a color-coded mask image, where each color would correspond to a material (detail-texture). I am aware of the limits in number of detail-textures... Besides the several masks question, I would also like to know if someone has managed to get "the texture atlas" solution work for terrain texturing. I mean, a nice way to reduce the artifacts at the borders when repeating/tiling a certain texture from the atlas. (Maybe not the best explanation of my question, but anyone who has tried it know what i mean...). Is there any other way besides keeping the texcoords in, say 0.1-0.9 range (compared to 0.0-1.0)?? Assuming 0.0 - 1.0 is the coords in "detail-texture-fetched-from-atlas-and-converted-to-own-space"... Finally, in Cg it seems that you have to limit yourself to compile-time constants when indexing texture samplers?? To clarify: float4x4 detailMaps; detailMaps[0] = tex2D(SOME_TEXTURE, coords.xy); ... when indexing detailMaps, say detailMaps, it seems that "i" has to be compile-time constant. Is this a limit in OpenGL Shading language as well?? /mike [Edited by - vx7johmi on June 3, 2005 6:12:58 PM]

Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!