Mistlands - 5 min. ingame video

Started by
7 comments, last by Zerom 18 years, 10 months ago
Hi! Mistlands is a opensource, online RPG which has been in development for about 2 years now. We've reached the stage where we're working mostly on implementing the gameplay features. The game is fully playable at the moment, though it still misses some important keyfeatures (like money and selecting skills when leveling up). The game is also availible for download, both as milestone, and as a snapshot (latest build of the game). Since some people (we don't know how many, we don't get much response) don't get the game to work, or don't have a server to connect to we've decided to put up a movie of the gameplay for everyone who's wondering what it actually looks like and works ingame. direct link to the movie (26mb): Mistclientmovie.avi Project homepage: Zero Point Gameplay
----------------------------- Zero Point Gameplay My Games page
Advertisement
linky
Already fixed ;)
I like it! There were some wierd artifacts in the video, but I dont know if tahts the demo vid or the game. On some glares and spells there are big black splotches...

But its looking good!
I'm very impressed.... though, its safe to say you got your butt kicked at the end! :)

A really cool game demo...

Tye
Explorations v9.0http://www.explore-rpg.com
Looks very nice, downloading the game now
are you planning to release it as freeware?
How appropriate, you fight like a cow!
Thanks!
The game is still in the middle of development so all things doesn't work perfectly, although I don't know what strange artifacts you are talking about :)

The game will remain open source and freeware at the moment, and for a long time foward probably. We have discussed the posibility to make money on the game when it's finished, but never decided anything, so we'll see.
We make it mainly for fun and experience, and to play it ourselves of course :)

Impressive man...,
I think you just need some better gfx, and you have a game with commercial quality there.
Was the engine developed in-house ?

We have had big problems finding artists ever since we started developing the game.

The engine is in-house developed but was started on before Mistlands.

[Edited by - Zerom on June 9, 2005 1:29:08 AM]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement