Sign in to follow this  
ender_341

WIN32 Tutorials

ender_341    136
Does anyone have a list of some good WIN32 tutorials? I am using Sams teach yourself game programming in 24 hours, and the author doesn't explain the code very well.

ProgramMax    162
The Forger's tutorial is great. Only now a days he goes by "forgey." You can talk to him and several other people live in #winprog on efnet (irc). People there are willing to help you with your Win32 questions.

ProgramMax    162
Win32 doesn't use any of the features of C++ that seperate it from C. If it did then several other languages wouldn't be able to use it.

There are ways of wrapping the Win32 code to create a more C++-like interface if you wish. However that tutorial shows you what you need to interact with Win32.

_jinx_    139
So are you implying that all the syntax in the tuts can be saved as .cpp with no problem? Will Win32 run sufficiently enough with a .cpp ext?

Quote:
Original post by _jinx_
So are you implying that all the syntax in the tuts can be saved as .cpp with no problem? Will Win32 run sufficiently enough with a .cpp ext?

A C++ compiler can compile C code with no problem at all.

About your second question: what do you mean? I may be retarded but I am not able to find any kind of meaning to this question... :( Can you enlighten me ?

Regards,

ender_341    136
Quote:
Original post by _jinx_
24 hours isnt the good one, all the good Sams books are the "21 Days", and I have that one great book!

Ya i know, i just have to get so far in an independant study class, and i figured i could use this to get that far, but this book is much more for someone who wants the game made for them, then to those who actually want to learn how to make them. all well, i got it on sale a while ago and just now started going through it.