WIN32 Tutorials

Started by
11 comments, last by ender_341 18 years, 10 months ago
Does anyone have a list of some good WIN32 tutorials? I am using Sams teach yourself game programming in 24 hours, and the author doesn't explain the code very well.
-Matt S.
Advertisement
Here's one that's frequently recommended.

The Forgers Win32 API Tutorial
24 hours isnt the good one, all the good Sams books are the "21 Days", and I have that one great book!
The Forger's tutorial is great. Only now a days he goes by "forgey." You can talk to him and several other people live in #winprog on efnet (irc). People there are willing to help you with your Win32 questions.
Quote:Original post by xllx_relient_xllx
Here's one that's frequently recommended.

The Forgers Win32 API Tutorial

i don't like that one b/c its in C, not C++
know any others?
tell me if you do
Ok, Nevermind the Forger's then. Here's one specifically on C++:

Windows Programming - FunctionX

relient.
Win32 doesn't use any of the features of C++ that seperate it from C. If it did then several other languages wouldn't be able to use it.

There are ways of wrapping the Win32 code to create a more C++-like interface if you wish. However that tutorial shows you what you need to interact with Win32.
So are you implying that all the syntax in the tuts can be saved as .cpp with no problem? Will Win32 run sufficiently enough with a .cpp ext?
Absolutely. I have been doing that for years. Anything other than this Win32 will just be a wrapper around Win32.
Quote:Original post by _jinx_
So are you implying that all the syntax in the tuts can be saved as .cpp with no problem? Will Win32 run sufficiently enough with a .cpp ext?

A C++ compiler can compile C code with no problem at all.

About your second question: what do you mean? I may be retarded but I am not able to find any kind of meaning to this question... :( Can you enlighten me ?

Regards,

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement