Basetsd.h and Visual Studio 2K5

Started by
1 comment, last by matthughson 18 years, 10 months ago
Hey All, I recently recieved the beta for Visual Studio 2005, and am having a little trouble porting some of my applications over. I was previously using Visual Studio 6.0 (C++ and DirectX 9.0). I managed to fix most of the problems that came up, but one have really got me stumped. I'm getting these syntax errors:
error C2143: syntax error : missing ';' before '*'
error C2059: syntax error : ','
error C2143: syntax error : missing ';' before '*'
error C2059: syntax error : ','
which point to the windows header file basetsd.h; specifically at this chunch of code:
    typedef _W64 long LONG_PTR, *PLONG_PTR;
// And also
typedef ULONG_PTR DWORD_PTR, *PDWORD_PTR;

Anyone had these problems, or have any suggestions for solutions? Thanks, Matt Hughson
__________________________________[ Website ] [ Résumé ] [ [email=contact[at]matthughson[dot]com]Contact[/email] ][ Have I been Helpful? Hook me up! ]
Advertisement
The error isn't there. It's in your source file(s) somewhere. It's probably one of those compound errors (errors caused by a previous mistake in the source). If you can't find it, post your code and someone will scrutinize it.
Yeah, turned out some legacy defines were causing some conflicts or something.
Matt Hughson
__________________________________[ Website ] [ Résumé ] [ [email=contact[at]matthughson[dot]com]Contact[/email] ][ Have I been Helpful? Hook me up! ]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement