directx 9(april update) with vc6

Started by
3 comments, last by superpig 18 years, 10 months ago
hello i downloaded the directx 9 (april update),i have msvc6 installed in my pc under win xp professional but after installing the directx and try to run some program under vc6 i have a problems to do that ,i'm a beginner in directx i would like to know what to configure and how for fix this problem,hope anyone explain me the procedure step by step for configure all that need to be configured. thank
Advertisement
Recent DirectX 9 SDKs have dropped support for VC6. You will have to roll back to an earlier SDK version or upgrade to a new Visual Studio - sorry.

-Mezz
but there is a prjconverter on www.codeproject.com which converts sln/vcproj files to dsw/dsp so you can use them.
Anyway I have recently updated also DirectX SDK but I have problems with UNICODE. Nothing wont compile because of "DXUT requires a Unicode build" error.
Any suggestion?
There's a thread around here somewhere explaining why it wont' work too!
All SDKs before the October 2004 SDK support VC6 directly. To use VC6 with the October SDK, you'll need to download the extras package, which includes the libraries compatible with VC6.

As of December 2004, VC6 is not and never will be supported. You can get hold of the freely available Visual C++ Toolkit 2003 and use the embedded compiler instead.
[size="2"]Don't talk about writing games, don't write design docs, don't spend your time on web boards. Sit in your house write 20 games when you complete them you will either want to do it the rest of your life or not * Andre Lamothe
Forum FAQ

Richard "Superpig" Fine - saving pigs from untimely fates - Microsoft DirectX MVP 2006/2007/2008/2009
"Shaders are not meant to do everything. Of course you can try to use it for everything, but it's like playing football using cabbage." - MickeyMouse

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement