VS Toolkit help

Started by
7 comments, last by Daaark 18 years, 10 months ago
I just installed the VS 2003 toolkit, and tried to compile a simple app when I get this error. "Cannot open include file: 'windows.h': No such file or directory" [lol] So I look inside the include folder, and there is almost nothing there. Where do I get the standard windows headers, and the open gl headers? Sorry if this is a stupid question, I've been a MinGW guy forever, and everything was always there. I don't understand how they would give out this compiler without a single windows related header? [lol]
Advertisement
Platform SDK
[sick][oh]FFS, I need 400mb of downloads!?
Or you can do the Web Install and selectively install just what you need.
Thanks! :)
Can anyone recommand a good IDE that can work with this? I've tried patiently to use codeblocks over the weekend, but it's still broken in about 500 ways.
I haven't found any good replacement, so good luck in finding one.

I'm back to mingw, as I want to use free tools, and making the VC++ Toolkit work with everything is a pain in the ***.

If anyone has a good IDE for it, I'd be happy to know myself!
Quote:Original post by persil
I haven't found any good replacement, so good luck in finding one.

I'm back to mingw, as I want to use free tools, and making the VC++ Toolkit work with everything is a pain in the ***.

If anyone has a good IDE for it, I'd be happy to know myself!

Um... you should be able to bootstrap MS VC++ 2003 Pro Toolkit to any good IDE out there. Or you could try VC++ Express 2005 Beta.
Odd.

I fixed my Code::Blocks some of my problems by wiping out my DevC++ and MinGW installations. I just compiled my game framework, and I didn't have to add the opengl or glu libs to the linker window?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement