Atomic Ball beta 15 (D3D9 breakout game)

Started by
1 comment, last by z3lda 18 years, 10 months ago
Whew! School, work and coding... Definitely challenging! Well, I don't want you guys to think I've given up work on Atomic Ball, so here's another beta. [smile] This one's REALLY close to how the game is going to look when I'm finally finished, and I'd like to hear as much feedback as possible (bug reports, UI ideas, game ideas, etc). Your input is very helpful in making this an awesome game! Very fast framerates on my P4-1.8gHz with a Radeon 9600 Pro Here's what's different: - Levelpack select: Before you actually jump into a game, you can select what levelpack you're going to play. I'm getting this ready for a level editor, and this feature will make it REALLY easy for you to create a level and simply drop it into the 'levels' folder and play it! - Demo system: Start Atomic Ball and watch from the main menu, and a demo will play after about 10 seconds or so. - Bonus item screen: Before the demo plays, you'll see a bonus item description screen. - Updated config scheme: No longer limited to five resolutions! Select just about any resolution / refresh rate combo your computer can handle, and then test to see if it works (instead of assuming it will and then an invalid vid mode blanks the screen... d'oh!) - Updated music: Vyacheslav Imalkovskiy and Vitaliy Tyshkevich finished the game's background music, and you've GOTTA hear it. It's awesome! - Updated points and 'ball speedup' rules: Makes the game a little more consistent. Here's what's the same: - Framerate: Test your framerate! Push 'F' on the keyboard to replace the score with the game's framerate. If you constantly get 60, 75, 85, then go to 'configuration' and turn 'vsync' to OFF. You should get 150 or better fps! - This game requires a DirectX9 compatible video card... The game may not play on your system if the video card isn't DirectX9 compatible. But it runs fine on my wife's computer with a GeForce 4600 video card and my sis-in-law's computer with a GeForce4-MX! Here's the download (13.1 megs): Atomic Ball Beta 15 Go ahead and download and play the game, and please give me some feedback. I'm almost done, and I want to make sure I've covered all the bases. Thanks in advance for the help, and I hope you enjoy playing Atomic Ball!
"The crows seemed to be calling his name, thought Caw"
Advertisement
Well, I suppose no news is good news! [smile]

Alrighty, I'll finalize what I have here and get Atomic Ball's final release ready. Methinks the only thing I'll change is the levelpack select screen; if you select 'Granny's Good Stuff' you'll find out there's only two levels to play, I'd like to add an indication of how many levels are actually contained in a levelpack (Granny's Good Stuff was only a test of the editor's level compression scheme). In other words, when you browse to 'Granny's Good Stuff', there'll be a '(2 levels)' next to it so you'll know that there's only two levels to play.

Well, gotta go to school... Have fun!
"The crows seemed to be calling his name, thought Caw"
Hey I like your game. I sent you a private message.

JCH

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement