Sign in to follow this  
Rob Loach

[web] Reseller Hosting

Rob Loach    1504
Anyone have any experience with a reseller account on a hosting site? I just saw OneHut and thought it was a pretty good deal. Anyone have any other good sites?

Sander    1332
Why do you need such a reseller account? Are you actually going to host multiple sites on there or are you just in it for the bandwisth and disk space? If the latter, then have a look at larger hosting solutions like iPowerWeb. If the former, you might be better off with a cheap dedicated server like they have over at layered technologies. That is... asuming you know how to remote administer a FreeBSD server.

So far, most reseller solutions I saw have very little bang for their buck....

jumpjumpjump    328
Or do like me, for about $150USD, get your parts off ebay and build a server. I'm running dual 500mhz pentium 3's, which is a decently powered server. I run FreeBSD 5.4 on it, along with Apache 2.0.54.

Rob Loach    1504
Quote:
Original post by jumpjumpjump
Or do like me, for about $150USD, get your parts off ebay and build a server. I'm running dual 500mhz pentium 3's, which is a decently powered server. I run FreeBSD 5.4 on it, along with Apache 2.0.54.
Sounds good, maybe once I move onto my next place. Layered Technologies sounds pretty good too.