[web] How could i make something like this using php

Started by
4 comments, last by jumpjumpjump 18 years, 10 months ago
How could i make something like this using php what type of code would i have to use in order for people to customize there avatars on my site these are the sprites heres my site address http://magivolve.com
Advertisement
Customize as in pick one of them? Or use those as base templates and allow them to change colours, etc.
www.aidanwalsh(.net)(.info)
The solution has little to do with the programming language, it's more of a creative thing. You can either have a number of different sprite sets (much data) or devide each sprite into parts and use transparent blitts to combine them (e.g. head, hair, torso, legs, ...). This would save a lot of data but the templates are more difficult to create and to combine.
I'd try the simple version first (lots of different sprites). The user won't see the difference if you hide it behind a clever interface (structured selection of the sprite).

HTH,
Pat
Quote:Original post by doodle_sketch
Customize as in pick one of them? Or use those as base templates and allow them to change colours, etc.

as a templates

like this

Quote:Original post by darookie
The solution has little to do with the programming language, it's more of a creative thing. You can either have a number of different sprite sets (much data) or devide each sprite into parts and use transparent blitts to combine them (e.g. head, hair, torso, legs, ...). This would save a lot of data but the templates are more difficult to create and to combine.
I'd try the simple version first (lots of different sprites). The user won't see the difference if you hide it behind a clever interface (structured selection of the sprite).

HTH,
Pat

you seem tp be pretty good with php you think you could direct me on how to do thatim an artist not to good at php but im trying

You need to look into GD.

http://us2.php.net/GD

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement